Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Sister Rocks!!!

When I was 2 1/2 years old my world changed permanently.  A new sister came to live in my house.  A sister they would not let me hold.  A sister that looked like a baby doll.  But, they would not let me cuddle her like a baby doll.  Or throw her over my shoulder and cart her around like I carried the cat.  So one night, when she was only a few days old and I had had enough of being told not to touch her, I snuck into the room where she was sleeping.  I crept toward the cradle and gently tried to pick her up.  I had her almost out of the crib when she started to cry.  I did the only thing a ratted out 2 year old could do, I dropped her and ran to hide.   I am told that her belly button came out that day!!  And so began our tumultuous relationship.  Through the years we shared.  We shared rooms, clothes, and friends.  We fought, we laughed and we shared.  We are adults now and we live in separate states.  But we still share.  Now we share heartache, achievement, and joy.  We still laugh,we still fight, and we still share!!!!  We share a love for each other that only a sister can understand.  I love you SIS!!  Happy Valentines Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment